Brownsville Animal Defense (B.A.D.) is a non-profit [501 (c) (3)], volunteer dog rescue organization serving the Lower Rio Grande Valley (Brownsville, TX) area.
It is the mission of Brownsville Animal Defense to make the Rio Grande Valley a no kill community through the adoption of healthy dogs, working with the local animal shelter, and educating the public about humane dog care.
A healthy dog in every home.
We believe that every dog has the right to be healthy, happy, and free from abuse, neglect, and cruelty.
Our Aim is To:
· Educate the community on proper and responsible guardianship and humane treatment of all animals.
· Reduce the overpopulation of dogs through spay and neuter programs.
· Provide shelter, professional and personal care to sick, injured, abused, and/or abandoned dogs.
· Value our supporters and partnerships with individuals and communities.
· Pride ourselves on being open and committed to our work.
Goal 1: Advocacy & care to dogs in need
Goal 2: Reduce dog population & Abuse
Goal 3: Build organization and financial capacity
Goal 4: Build a Dog Save Haven Facility
Scope of Services
As an organization of animal lovers, we pull dogs from the Brownsville Animal shelters and provide foster homes until they are adopted. We strive to match each dog with the right family after the dog has been observed in a foster home. We provide all medical care including vaccinations and food to the dogs as well spay/neuter and microchip. We take our dogs to PetSmart to look for potential "forever" pet parents & homes to adopt these homeless animals. We work with other rescue groups – locally, statewide, and nationally. All animals remain in our care until they are adopted which can range from weeks to years. In addition, we assist local citizens with maintaining and keeping their dogs. This may be done through assistance with medical expenses, spay/neuter, food, education, and displaying available adoptable dogs.